Google HQ, King's Cross, London
Project Value: £1m +
Duration: 1 year
Main Contractor: ISG
Architect/Designer: Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
The new Google HQ at King’s Cross, London, is the first wholly owned and designed Google building outside the USA. EPC was delighted to contribute high-quality fit-out for the project, including the following:
- Floor tiling to the café & back of house areas. The first-floor café floor tiling consisted of two different 600x600mm tiles covering 570m2. One was used as a feature tile and there was a decorative metal trim between them. Prior to this we brought in a screeding contractor to pump in the screed for this area.
- Wall & floor tiling to WCs & changing rooms. In total, there were 8 WCs where we screeded and tiled the floors and walls.
- Mosaic tiling to tea-point splashbacks. There was a tea-point on every floor (five in total) and each was tiled with 25x25mm mosaic.
- Reinforced screed to café, changing rooms & WCs
- Approximately 1800m2 tiling & 900m2 screed
Further information: www.kingscross.co.uk/google